Online video – 10 laws
<img class="alignright wp-image-8578" src="http://advluence.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-08-08-at-11.20.40-AM-300×300.png" alt="Online Video Metrics" width="404" height="404" srcset="http://advluence.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-08-08-at-11.20.40-AM-300×300.png 300w, http://advluence.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-08-08-at-11.20.40-AM-150×150.png 150w, http://advluence generic actos.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2014-08-08-at-11.20.40-AM.png 596w” sizes=”(max-width: 404px) 85vw, 404px” />Advertisers, individuals, and major corporations are all attempting to reach their target demographic using online video production. Video can be an incredibly powerful tool to generate awareness, as most have seen lately with the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, “Ice Bucket Challenge“. At Advluence, we know a thing or two about video production, just check out our Vimeo page.
So, we decided to share our 10 laws of an effective online video.
1. The idea – If you want to turn heads, do something that will turn them
2. The platform – Sharing your video on every social media platform may be your strategy, but we’d recommend reconsidering. Targeting is of the essence
3. The title- Be concise, be catchy, be bold
4. The thumbnail- This still-frame image can be the decisive factor on whether or not a potential customer clicks your ad
5. The load- You don’t like to wait, neither do your viewers. Be sure to upload video in a friendly format for all devices. 30 seconds of load time is absolutely not okay, it’s 2014
6. The hook– The first 3 seconds of the video can either engage or bore your viewer
7. The purpose- Your online video should have a purpose. Don’t do video for the sake of video, make it count
8. The shock- The ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge” is so compelling for a reason, the shock…literally
9. The edit- Rome wasn’t build in a day, and your video wasn’t filmed in one take. Professional editing can make all the difference
10. The stick- Whatever makes your viewer remember, or even better…share your video
These are the 10 rules we, at Advluence, believe are the most important when gauging the influence of an online video. Thoughts? Tweet us @Advluence!